Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you thought about doing them as "gift baskets" ? For a "price" ? If you do baked goods for the farmers markets, then you have an approved kitchen or whatever your state requires..... I think that several on here would be more than willing to make a monetary "contribution".....
Actually, at this point, I only need an approved “commercial kitchen” to process foods with the main ingredient being dairy, such as cheese, cream cheese, kefir, milk, etc. at farmer’s market, it I make non-dairy baked goods, I don’t need a commercial kitchen. Although, I am only able to sell my baked goods locally.

To have a commercial kitchen, it requires a building separate from the house, with certain equipment as well as inspections for state certification.

One of my friends, near us, does home baking as well. She eventually wants to have what she calls a “store front”, where she can sell her baked goods. We have talked about having a commercial kitchen there. She could do conventional baked goods and I could do gluten free. Then, I could also process my goat milk into cheese and sell it. I don’t know if that will ever come to pass. But it’s a nice goal to work towards.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok. So I will place my order and @Baymule can bring them with her when she comes to get Ringo. She can hide them in her car. She can be a baked goods mule......get it? Or, I can do a road trip now that I have a decent car now.
I like both options . . . but I think I like option 2 better, so we can have an East Texas Contingent PARTY!!! :celebrate
Sounds like a good plan Rammy.
Which part? The part where I suggested she hide the goods in her car to avoid confiscation by the police if she gets pulled over and arrested for illegaly transporting yummy food? Or the road trip?:lol:
BOTH???? :gig

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little while ago, I was out helping DH with the animals. I got some cool photos and I wanted to share a few.
Deo - Is that a pretty boy, or what??? :love
1218181541a.jpg

Here is Violet. :love
1218181548i.jpg

Here are some great shots of the twins. They are 8 months old.

That's Hope Rearing up and Faith on the log.
1218181548k.jpg

The they love playing on this log :)
1218181547c_HDR.jpg

Here they are just being cute :love
1218181550_HDR.jpg

Our first two guineas are growing up. I'm not an expert. But I've read that a 2 note call means its a girl. If so, we have 2 girls. I tried to get pics of both, but the ones of the solid gray one were all blurry.
1218181601e.jpg

Those are our 9 Buff Orpington roos (scheduled for freezer camp) in their separate run. It drives them crazy that they can't get at the pullets. :lol:
That's one of our Whiting's True Blue egg layers, with the guineas.:smack
1218181600d.jpg

1218181559.jpg