Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is my favorite photo in a long while! I know it’s a repeat, but wanted to let y’all know I just posted it on Picture of the week.
1218181541a.jpg

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey DV... I know you're exceptionally busy, overburdened with stuff to do and all, but my curiosity has been gnawing at me... Have you got your girls bred yet to the myatonic buck you bought? How's everything going along those lines?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you got your girls bred yet to the myatonic buck you bought? How's everything going along those lines?
I’m not really sure if they are bred, or not.

I first put them in with Danny Boy October 11th. On the 24th he was REALLY interested in them back then. He chased and they ran. We never saw Danny Boy make a connection though.

I marked the calender for 21 days and started watching closer on day 19. On Nov. 14th he was really interested and they both were flagging their tails. Again, he chased and they ran. We never saw a connection.

I set the calender again. On Day 21 (Dec. 5th), we saw a little bit of flagging and Danny Boy kind of sniffed rear ends, but no excitement and no chasing.

Day 19 (Dec 24), there was no flagging, and Danny boy was slightly sniffing rear ends. But, the interesting thing is that by this point, Rosemary was staying close to Danny Boy, and laying in the sun right next to him, like they are good buddies. :love

So, I’m kinda inclined to think, even though we didn’t see any action, the girls most likely got bred on or around Nov. 14th. Only time will tell. :caf

Last edited: