Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Devonviolet I like your color choices! I might have to steal some of those ideas if I ever get time to paint the inside of my place. They painted most of the inside of this house before they put it on the market - the majority of it in what had to have been called 'boring beige' lol. And everything painted the same color - walls, baseboards, trim, heck even the outlets, registers and cold air returns... yuck. I'll look forward to seeing your pics!

Thanks norseofcourse!

:lol: Except for the fact that the one color that they painted the whole house (ceilings, trim, doors, and walls) went so well with their decorating style and color scheme, for me, I too consider the colors boring. I'm so excited to see how it turns out too! :celebrate

Eventually, I would like to put up white wainscoting in the living room/kitchen and main bath. I'm also planning to use decorations that go with a nautical theme. I have been collecting sea shells for many years many now will finally be using them, as time allows.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to see it! I know it will be so pretty, relaxing, the perfect country farm house. The colors you like sound so nice, and sea shells make unique decorations. White wainscoting sounds like a good idea too. If I have enough pine boards left over from the floor, I want to put pine wainscoting in the dining area.

Just got back from working on our farm house, got some more floor laid, hired 2 day laborers and you wouldn't believe what they dragged out of the weeds/woods. Turns out, one of the men was a metal scrapper and we had enough wire, scraps of tin, general crap that DH took him to his truck and he filled it up. Piled up 3 or 4' over the cab, the bumper tilted toward the ground. We were so thrilled that WE didn't have to haul it off, that DH gave him $20 for gas. As it is, we brought home 34 bags of trash and threw out on our curb. Gheesh, how can anybody be so nasty?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to see it! I know it will be so pretty, relaxing, the perfect country farm house. The colors you like sound so nice, and sea shells make unique decorations. White wainscoting sounds like a good idea too. If I have enough pine boards left over from the floor, I want to put pine wainscoting in the dining area.

Just got back from working on our farm house, got some more floor laid, hired 2 day laborers and you wouldn't believe what they dragged out of the weeds/woods. Turns out, one of the men was a metal scrapper and we had enough wire, scraps of tin, general crap that DH took him to his truck and he filled it up. Piled up 3 or 4' over the cab, the bumper tilted toward the ground. We were so thrilled that WE didn't have to haul it off, that DH gave him $20 for gas. As it is, we brought home 34 bags of trash and threw out on our curb. Gheesh, how can anybody be so nasty?

YIKES! That's a lot of junk! So, did DH pay them for their time AND give them $20 for gas? Sounds like they cleaned up! Literally! :lol:

Yeah! It's amazing what kind of junk people surround themselves with. :ep I know our mess isn't as bad as yours, but we had our own junk piles. DH walked to the back end of the property, with the seller. They passed a BIG pit, full of trash. The seller promised to clean it out before they moved out. A few days after we closed, we took a walk back into the woods, and the trash pile is still there. In the open area, there was a burn pile, with white tubing and tree trunks. DH asked him to NOT burn it because we wanted the tubing and tree trunks, for the goats to jump on. So, what did he do? He burned it just enough to mangle the tubing and char the trunks. :rant

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is with idiots that they treat their home as a landfill? :he And yes, those guys made money for the day, plus the $20 DH gave him for gas, plus whatever they got for the scrap. It was worth every durn penny because WE didn't have to deal with it.

Some neighborhoods are too expensive to live in because of the landscaping. It would cost a small fortune to buy all those old cars, appliances, BBQ pits and and non working water heaters to toss out in the yard. Just can't afford to live there.... :gig

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, the painters called yesterday afternoon and said they are finished!!! :celebrate:weee:celebrate

We were supposed out there today, but it has been raining all day, and with temps staying in the mid to lower 30's, we didn't want to take a chance that somewhere along the 2 hour drive there and back, we might come across an icy spot or bridge. So, now we have to wait until tomorrow to see how it looks. The painters wife works with him so she saw the before and after, and she said the colors all look really good.

So, tomorrow morning we will drive out there, to see how it turned out. We still need to pay the painter, and since they are only ten minutes away from us, we can call when we get there.

I'll be sure to take photos and post them as soon as I can get them off the camera memory card. :celebrate

Last edited:

Latest posts