Devonviolet Acres

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's probably about the same here. To go an entire month with no rain is ridiculous...we might get some rain next week but not holding my breath, they have said that before. And the snow pack is non existent for the most part and CA needs that snow, (and not just for lawns in LA) for the farmers in the central valley it is critical. CA is basically considered a drought State anyways since we get no summer rains. If it wasn't for the snow pack and the reservoirs there would be no agriculture.

Maybe Texas can send us some water.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
There are gasoline and natural gas pipelines all over this country... I've many times wondered why they couldn't do the same with water lines to move water from where there's too much to where there's too little. Say an 8' diameter pipeline from the Mississippi river west to the mnts. for example. From WA and OR south to CA. :idunno

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
But I really need to ask...what is rain? Seems that I heard about it once...
Clearly you need to move to TX, MS or TN. They are getting PLENTY (too much) rain.

It ended up costing our neighbor a pretty penny getting the house to the point that he could start finishing it!
Like everything else with hindsight, they would probably have been better off building a new foundation, WAY farther from the property line, and moving the structure there. Or deciding it would make a nice barn and built new farther away and up hill.

Of course the sellers didn't disclose that when we bought the house!!!
And of course it was the dry season when you were looking, right?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are gasoline and natural gas pipelines all over this country... I've many times wondered why they couldn't do the same with water lines to move water from where there's too much to where there's too little. Say an 8' diameter pipeline from the Mississippi river west to the mnts. for example. From WA and OR south to CA. :idunno
They already move a bazillion gallons of water from north to south in CA (until they run out). An 8' pipe from the Mississippi wouldn't carry enough water to be worth the expense. And imagine the power needed to pump it over the Rockies and Sierras. They would be better off with desalination plants, not sure where you would dump all the salt though. That could be an environmental disaster all by itself.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried. Sorry!
No worries. You had no idea we bought a swampy "spaghetti farm". Heck, we didn't either! :lol: Ya live & learn.

Except when it pours for days, and everything gets all mucky, we manage fairly well.

Then we have to slip & slosh around in the muck, and we feel sorry for ourselves. Then the sun comes out & dries out the mud and all is well again. :lol:

In the end, we both know God brought us here. So we make do. :)

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got this from a friend this morning :lol:
I especially like #3! :gig

@Baymule, I've heard you say, "You can't fix stupid!", so #8 reminds me of you! :lol:

image.png

Last edited: