Devonviolet's - Kidding 2017

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: :yuckyuck :lol:

You crack me up, @animalmom! :gig

I knew Ruby is your favorite. :hu But, I also knew you would be happy that Faline (that "other" goat), kidded. Because that now means, your favorite Ruby is now just that much closer to kidding. :weee

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my GOSH, Norse! :th You just wear me out, talking about all the steps I left out! However, in my defense. I AM new, at this kidding thread game, and I HAVE been posting all the appropriate data, on my Devonviolet Acres thread.

We have a barn to get ready for Ruby's kidding. The builders are putting up the siding right now. Once that is done, we are going to sort painting and cutting trim. To save money we are doing the finish work. I am hoping to have it done by this weekend.

Next week, we have to get back to lifting sod, from our new 40x80'' garden area, so we can get compost and other amendments added and till it up and get my seedlings planted. They are growing like weeds under the grow lights. I want to get them planted before they die off on me.

No rest for the weary, I tell ya!!! :th

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on an easy and great kidding!

I had a buckling that would sleep with his head curled under his leg and he got several times!

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congrats!!! However, I have to tell you, you did not follow the correct format of a kidding thread.

First, you post pictures of the expectant goat, along with statements from your vet/the seller/your local goat expert who all say she will be lambing 'in the next week or so'.

Then you post daily updates and pictures as your goat gets closer to kidding, describing all the signs that she's almost ready, and all the preparations you've been making.

At the three week mark, you start posting an increasing number of pictures of udder and vulva from every possible angle, and asking 'does she look like she's close?'

At the four week mark, you start cancelling work and giving up your entire social life, except for the posts here because we're the only ones who will listen to you talk about your pregnant goat anymore.

Along about page 36 of the thread, you start claiming that you are seriously seeing signs that she is Going To Start Kidding Any Minute Now and you're really sure this time! You re-read the Doe Code post for the 847th time, but you're so sleep deprived you nod off halfway through.

When you're finally too stressed out to think about anything besides kidding, your goat gives birth in the five minute break you take to refill the coffee that's the only thing keeping you going anymore. THEN you get to post about the birth! :)

Ruby's pregnant too, right? Maybe she'll give you a chance for a proper thread ;)

:yuckyuck

Congrats on the Lamancha kid!! He's adorable!!

Latest posts