Deworming

Rella Wingler

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
For Safeguard, my vet told me today its 1.1 ml per 25 lbs.
I took in a fecal and our 2 month olds have worms and coccidia(Treating with Albon but just got my Baycox today. Super excited to try it!!!).
We have had a very wet April/May so far.
The you can't really prevent it from happening. Keep an eye on their Famacha scores, overall body condition, and behavior. Can learn a lot just by observing your goaties ^_^
Good luck!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
For Safeguard, my vet told me today its 1.1 ml per 25 lbs.
I took in a fecal and our 2 month olds have worms and coccidia(Treating with Albon but just got my Baycox today. Super excited to try it!!!).
We have had a very wet April/May so far.
The you can't really prevent it from happening. Keep an eye on their Famacha scores, overall body condition, and behavior. Can learn a lot just by observing your goaties ^_^
Good luck!

Is your vet a goat vet? Or general livestock vet?

Poppy91

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We give ivermectin horse oral paste x3 the suggested amount on the label as majority of the meds goes to the ruman we do this for adults and our babies
This was suggested by our vet as well and we have Never had a problem and the dewormer has always worked for us (proven by fecal test)

Lincoln's mom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, this post is from May, hope someone sees this.
Georgy 10 weeks Nigerian, just got her 2 weeks ago.
She's never been wormed before I got her and no cocci treatment.
Eyes not as dark pink , and she is always hungry. I cant leave hay or even mineral's free choice because she will not stop till it's ALL gone !! I was told she just had her CDT before I picked her up that was about 2 weeks ago. so I'm worming. I have ivermectin horse paste she is tiny maybe 5 lbs I'm thinking 1 ml ?? Or!! New vet ( not a goat vet)recommended ivermectin 1% injectable. So he gave me protmectin injection for cattle and swine. I never used this!! Ask for dose he said wasn't sure he have to look it up.
So my question is dose on paste correct or do I need to use the injectable?? Also can I do the Cord at same time as worming. Should I do the 5 day??
Thank-you in advance

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
How old is she? 5 lbs is very tiny if you have had her for 2 weeks. I've had them weigh that much when they are born.
I don't know the dose for the horse paste.
We use the 1% ivermectin injectable but give it orally. We give it like 1ml per 50 lbs.
You need to know exactly how much the goat weighs.
Weigh your self on a bathroom scale. Then hold the goat and weigh again and subtract to find the goats weight.
I would recommend first that you get a fecal and find out for sure if she has worms.
I don't use corrid so I can't tell you anything about that.

Latest posts