Dexter Cattle

hydroswiftrob

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Alright folks, now find one in the North Texas area lol. New York is a little far for me to drive :(

Nachoqtpie

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So wait.... I thought Dexters were supposed to have easy calving and be exceptional mothers? From WildRoseBeef's page it looks like they aren't that good for calving or mothering? We're researching for our future farmette and the very first breed that was suggested was Dexter.
I'm a little confused now!

MenagerieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nachoqtpie said:
So wait.... I thought Dexters were supposed to have easy calving and be exceptional mothers? From WildRoseBeef's page it looks like they aren't that good for calving or mothering? We're researching for our future farmette and the very first breed that was suggested was Dexter.
I'm a little confused now!
I called the lady in Morrisville...we talked about an hour...she sold her Dexters for health/financial reasons, but raved about them. The only thing she told me that I had not read or heard before, was that Dexter's tend to have hair near their teets, so that it gets in the milk. :sick It doesn't stop me from looking for our Dexter housecow though!