DHIR Questions

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OFA, I don't want to get into this argument, but I have been/am currently on milk test, and it is very confusing to get started in. Maybe not hard, but definitely very confusing. I'm still not sure I understand it, but the milk tests are being accepted and it's working, so I guess I'm doing it right. I only understand the very rudimentary details of how it actually works.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
How many goats has @Southern by choice ever had on DHIR ?

How many goats have you ever had appraised ?
Has the subject changed? We will do linears when we have enough goats in milk to make it worth it.

Because you are posting information about things you have no experience with
And that is misleading to the people asking the info

We have been on milk test for 2 years
Someone asks a question about milk testing
You have never done a milk test but you feel the need to answer the question
How many goats have you ever had appraised ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are getting so antagonistic about this.
Simply stating that many do have a hard time getting on test and figuring out what kind of testing, which group to go with etc.

As far as being on milktest- you are very well aware that we had a family health crisis right after taking our certification and it was NOT a priority to get goats on milktest when our son suddenly ended up with a rare illness. One of the rarest in the world and it caused paralysis within days. Months of trying to get a diagnosis. Sorry but that was way more important.

I think this is not becoming of you or our friendship.

We can disagree about what we think is easy or hard as far as this but to suggest someone isn't qualified to give their opinion that has been working with the program is just... well... silly.
There is a reason there are those working on making a step by step program.

Maybe, instead of arguing you could give step by step instructions to the poster.
It could be very helpful.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I read the DHIR instructions on ADGA's website and threw up my hands in total confusion. Fortunately I am friends with a person that does the verifying so if I ever decide to go on official test I will just call her and have her tell me what to do. It may not be hard but ADGA does a rotten job of explaining it and makes it sound very difficult to get started. With 40 goats I doubt I will ever go on test.