Diarrhea in cow?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As Imissmygirls said, you can tell alot from the manure. Which means watching it isn't so crazy.

We don't use beet pulp so I have no experience with it to help you there. And being from the midwest I have no clue what coastal hay is(I may have to do some searching). Our hay is alfalfa, clover, timothy, and various grasses for the most part.

As long as urine has been brought up, remember a cow can get urinary tract infections too! A cow that has these symptoms needs to be considered for possible uninary tract infection: 1. real concentrated urine. (watch color and smell) 2. Dripples when going instead of a full stream. Treatment would be Albon (sulfa drug).

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
man in all the years i showed dairy heifers.i never had them to get loose at a show.since its winter be on the lookout for winter disentary.thats the scours.if a cow has that more than 5 days.she needs tobe dr.years ago we would get atropine from the vet.but i dont know they use that anymore.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well they need to know every cause of scours.it sure is fun milking an a cow caughs shooting the runs over the butt splash pan hitting you.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
hon i wish i could come milk for you.but my bad knees an back would be screaming in the tiestall barn.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well i have to tell you that the poop problem is solve for now. it's not like sara-lu, but it's firm and not like runny milk shake. so happy to see a pile of poop!!!!!!!!! i think i need to call my self funny farm!!!lol i'm trying to work the smiles but they don't work all the time:ya

thank you all!!!!!!!

Latest posts