did a fecal today

wafflesmom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm happy that Sugar and Pepper are negative for coccidia today:)
They still have some kind of strongyloides!? So far they have been given panacur twice. Today's fecal had more than the last one. There still wasn't a lot....saw 5 on his slide and 7 on hers but its get annoying now!!!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, zero isn't a number I'd be shooting for.. Five to seven, to me, would be perfectly acceptable.

How do the goats seem to be, overall? Are they bright, with pink eyelids and gums and slick coats? If so...I think you're doing just fine!

wafflesmom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They are great but maybe thin?? I posted in feeding section too.

Their hair is slick and shiny, pink gums and very active. They are loving my old agilty teeter I gave them. Its set up low so they don't bonk the other in the head..haha

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I want to see zero cocci in a fecal, because when you do a fecal you are only dealing with 1-3 pellets. Just try to imagine how many pellets you are NOT seeing in that fecal, and how many are in the goat. Some people think goats need some cocci in their system so they build a tolerance too it, I'm of the other school, any preventable scaring (cocci=scaring) in my goats gut is too much.

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yippee!! Congratulations.