Difficult steer won’t eat!

Chickenlover0810

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a show steer, and he’s on the skinner side. Another note I went to a cow show this weekend and purchased something called purple power up. It’s supposed to Help him and gain weight. Back to the show steer. I made it as directed and he just ignored it. I tried lots of techniques to him to eat it like separating him and giving him his favorite treat call show fill. Nothing works. Any suggestions to get him to eat it? I am desperate

He is a Hereford steer

ShowsheenQueen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a show steer, and he’s on the skinner side. Another note I went to a cow show this weekend and purchased something called purple power up. It’s supposed to Help him and gain weight. Back to the show steer. I made it as directed and he just ignored it. I tried lots of techniques to him to eat it like separating him and giving him his favorite treat call show fill. Nothing works. Any suggestions to get him to eat it? I am desperate

He is a Hereford steer
this is gonna sound mean but starve him out a bit ( I only mean that if he is healthy i would deworm him as well if he hasn't been) and if you have pics i would love to see him things like ralgro also help them to gain good

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

He is a Hereford steer
Maybe try putting him on lower protein feed as well I think that's what my friend did when they had this problem