digging out?

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So some people say without bottoms in a tractor or a colony system, they can dig out.

How long would such a thing take? Would it be overnight? Or take some time?

Is it slow enough to catch before it happens?

And when they do escape, how do you catch them without running yourself to death in the yard?

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So some people say without bottoms in a tractor or a colony system, they can dig out.

How long would such a thing take? Would it be overnight? Or take some time?

Is it slow enough to catch before it happens?

And when they do escape, how do you catch them without running yourself to death in the yard?

Minutes...seriously, just a few minutes is all it takes.

I do not use tractors, but running after a rabbit is a sure way not to catch it unless it really likes you. There are various ways, I suppose others will respond. We use a quilt to corner them in an area. I have only ever had two get outside the rabbitry into the yard in the decade I have had rabbits. One was young and munching in the herb garden, and was used to being handled so an easy catch. Another we started to corner, but he just hopped over to me, probably because I hand feed mine their greens.

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Minutes...seriously, just a few minutes is all it takes.

I do not use tractors, but running after a rabbit is a sure way not to catch it unless it really likes you. There are various ways, I suppose others will respond. We use a quilt to corner them in an area. I have only ever had two get outside the rabbitry into the yard in the decade I have had rabbits. One was young and munching in the herb garden, and was used to being handled so an easy catch. Another we started to corner, but he just hopped over to me, probably because I hand feed mine their greens.

The quilt and bait idea is genius.

Wow.