Disbudding look like they might be growing?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could you get a picture of the area? I think I might have an idea of what it looks like, but a picture helps.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine did the same if they bleed alot use blood stop it pretty much anything to stop the bleeding but mine where fine. That was the first case i have ever heard of where the disvuddibg site got infected.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's at tractor supply i believe you can also use i believe corn starch if my memory serves. The ideal is just to get the blood to clot. Sometimes they hit them and they fall off. I had several do that some i heard of bleed a large amount which is what you want to avoid.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, but I’m pretty sure they are my favorite...might even be beating my dogs! Shhhhh! Little Willy‘s bloody bud looks good today. Just a light scab over it. I’m going to have to get pictures of most of these kids to see if they ALL need redone? Chris said he wants his money back from the vet! Can you imagine me calling and saying that?! :lol: When she did my older kid, Sugar, as we now finally named her...she had to go around it one section at a time, because they had grown up too high. Wondering if we’ll have to do that with at least the boys? The horns have a thicker diameter. I asked Chris if he’s going to buildme a goat box to put them , during the process...of course he played dumb and said...’they don’t need debudded’...this was about an hour after we ordered the iron! Ugh, men! Lol

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would call and ask if they would reduce them for free since you paid for a service that didn't get actually get accomplished it doesn't hurt to ask. I ask my feed store if they would refund me for a bag of cow formula since the calf would not eat it they said yes. It was a 40 dollar bag and I got a full refund. Vets are no different they provide a service and if you pay them you should get what you pay for. Like i said i would say i can in and had you disbud these goats kids for me and unforantly it looks like they are regrowing what can we do to fix this. I would be as nice a possible and see what they say.