Disbudding look like they might be growing?

SaanenMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I would let the older doeling's grow out a couple inches, notch and band at the hairline.

What are you going to do with the bucklings? If going in the freezer, I wouldn't mess with them. I couldn't see most of the pictures as they are blurry on my phone. If the horns are too tall, a good burn won't be done and they will be regrow. A vet gets no training in school....they are self-taught just like everyone with goats. I gave my Vet some pointers as he always got scurs, but it's not a task he's good doing. Just learn to do it yourself or find someone close by that would be willing to do it for you.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 , I didn’t call the vet...I have NO backbone!! Ugh! @SaanenMom ...none of my goats go in the freezer. My oldest kid, Sugar, the three month old, her one bud popped off today and actually looks really good!! Like she got that one right!! The iron we ordered should be arriving any day now, we’re going to give it a few more days, as our dear farmer friend gave me more unwanted advice :lol: Said they might be fine, might not, then we can cut them out like he did once with a bull. Wish he’d mind his own beeswax sometimes!! The boys’ are definitely growing, but, it coul$ he healing?? It’s sort of soft tissue?? That’s why we’re going to wait. At worst, we have to let them grow a bit and band them. I can live with that...I just don’t want to get another horn in the eye!!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ducks you need to come to Texas so we can give you some of ours girl don't worry we all have moments where we whether not and just bite the bullet so to speak.

Latest posts