Discharge

Jurj

Just born
Reaction score
This is Ethel she's 3. Never kidded. I didn't think the buck got to her, I never noticed her in heat, never saw him interested in her. She has gained weight and has been badging up about 3 weeks. Ligaments feel more relaxed, now this discharge.. So i think i was wrong lol. Is this the right color?? Worried that it looks greenish..

Attachments

• 20200121_163726.jpg
    20200121_163726.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 339

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Ethel she's 3. Never kidded. I didn't think the buck got to her, I never noticed her in heat, never saw him interested in her. She has gained weight and has been badging up about 3 weeks. Ligaments feel more relaxed, now this discharge.. So i think i was wrong lol. Is this the right color?? Worried that it looks greenish..
I can't see the greenish color but if she is acting "normal" and has no temperature I would suspect is is just normal discharge ( which can go on for days) look for either clear glistening or a amber discharge.....that puts you in watch mode...do you have a due date time frame?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
With that udder I'd say that she's definitely pregnant, lol! That discharge could just be the mucous plug, and could be on and off for a month or so - or could be 45 minutes before labor. (lot of help, huh?) Watch for a long, slimy discharge that will precede labor and keep track of her ligaments.

Good luck with the upcoming baby(ies)!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Watch for a long, slimy discharge that will precede labor and keep track of her ligaments.

Yep. It will usually be several inches long. So, they like a night life and you didn't stay up! :lol: The bag will normally tighten up and the teats will point more than hang. Then the fun begins.