DIY Rabbit Cages

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
KW Rabbit Cages and equipment should have the wire in all the right sizes as well as the different cage parts - doors, door clips and fasteners, urine guards, privacy panels, auto watering equipment, etc. They are located in Santee, CA, (inland from San Diego). Since you are in Auburn, CA, the shipping charges might be cheaper. Or if you ever get down to San Diego area, you can order it then go by and pick it up. They have an on-line catalog.

If you look it up on their website, you might be able to locate it easier with a product code - maybe on Amazon? KW has been around for a long time. They have a good reputation, good products, nd had good customer service. They used to be able to give good information over the phone about their products. I haven't dealt with them for a while since I still have rabbit supplies and cages still in the shipping packs in my shed. (Waiting for us to move to Texas so my DH can have another dedicated rabbit barn.)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I ended up ordering some wire from KW, haven't had a chance to make the repairs to the cages yet. Shipping wasn't too horrible, but I would have driven to pickup if it had been much higher. I think they can also bring some orders to rabbit shows to pickup.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely will deliver to rabbit shows for order pick up. That is what we did except for one large order when we were visiting relatives in SD.

Now with CA quarantine don't know if/when rabbit shows will take place. All dog, livestock shows have been cancelled for the past year here in CA. However, you can call them and they will tell you if they are gong to shows and which shows they will attend. Used to attend all large shows up to Pomona and larger ones in Sacramento area.

They also sell the under cage floor wire braces with a flange that hooks onto the bottom cage edges. Theirs are metal which is cleaner. I used 2 30" braces on each 36 x 30 cage floor for a doe with a litter. I stopped using 30 x 30m cages for bucks since I preferred using the 36x30 babysaver wire cages for all the cages in the barn Much easier to shift rabbits around if all cages could be used for litters.

I used to clean my cages with a small propane blow torch. Naturally without the rabbits in them! :lol::lol: It burned off all the old hair, cobwebs, etc. and I felt it sterilized as well. I waited a couple hours to put new rabbits into those cages too. LOL On my wooden nest boxes, I used to hose them out, spray with diluted bleach and then leave them in full sun for a day or 2. I made my own since I didn't like the metal ones They had pressboard bottoms that didn't hold up, and were really cold in the winter for the bunnies. The screen bottom ones were also cold in the winter when the wind would come up through the bottom wire and chill kits. Screen bottoms were ok in hot summers though.