DIY Rabbit Cages

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to buy cage wire for making or repairing rabbit cages? Local feed store doesn't carry the right size and didn't seem interested in ordering it.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazon, maybe? Is there a bigger farm supply store that you can get to or order online from?

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
In our area there are TSC, Lowes and Home Depot. You can also order from amazon, but returning it because its the wrong one is a bit of a pain.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took some time to find the right search words but they have wire. Haven't found 14 awg for the cage bottom yet. I did see 16 awg.
That's part of the problem I've been having, can't find 14 gauge wire for the floor. I can find wire for the sides and top, but only seeing 16 gauge wire for the floor.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's part of the problem I've been having, can't find 14 gauge wire for the floor. I can find wire for the sides and top, but only seeing 16 gauge wire for the floor.
Klubertanz has it but it's costly. Local all I can find is 16awg or smaller weave thats 16. I got some big bunnies and didn't know any better. I wish I could remember maybe spent 160$ but I bought a big roll of 14. I use the 16 on the side now. It's written by a lot of people to buy baby saver wire for the side. I can't find that local. 16 works for me, nothing gets in or out. Had a cat once armpit deep hanging on a quail cage. I had used chicken wire. Cats could reach in, 5 week old quail could slip out. Bad, bad idea I had with that one.
There's another outfit besides klubertanz that sells wire. They were steep priced too. I saw on here you could use closet racks held with ring clips, zip ties. It looked good but not for me. You have to enter thru the top and looked like a lot of bending to do any cage work. I don't have a barn. Harbor freight carport with roofed hutches I can look in easily. If I only had a barn or shed .... I hope you post some pictures when you get going.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Darby is in Philadelphia they have it but they list it wire diameter not guage .063=16 or 14 depending if it's American or us std. Dang it all. Maybe they have it thicker. Reason to check them ,they sell all kinds of wire. If they have it shipping would be cheaper for me 3 hours away driving. Can you tell I'm bored on quarantine waiting on the test results.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lowes often has various sizes, gauges and types of mesh wire one can use for cage building.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I got a response to an email I sent to the company in Philly. The wire they have is 16awg :(price is ok at 126$ for galvanized after weld 30" by 100'. Klubertanz was $144 galvanized after weld 14awg 30" x 50'. And we haven't talked shipping yet.
So @Beekissed might have an idea maybe Lowes or Home Despot would do a special order. They sure don't carry that size normally. Tractor supply here doesn't have it either.

Latest posts