DKRabbitry ~ Constantly on the go

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LOL At least you get baby goats before I do. I have to wait untill April for mine. I am terribly excited for baby goats. The baby pigs are sooo cute, and baby rabbits are cuddly and nice, but baby goats... those are gonna be sooooo much FUN! :celebrate

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not expecting any meat kids any time soon....everyone either kidded way early or got bred way late. The heifers...

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You close to MI? I will totally trade a ceeeeute little baby piggie for a nice meaty buckling ;)

I can't believe that they are already so chunky and running all around the stall like crazy things. I touch them and pet them and hold them twice a day while Pinkerton enjoys her meals. Harry just clicked that people are okay too. Went from squealing and running one day when I tried to touch him, to just standing there enjoying the scratches the next :rolleyes:

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
DKRabbitry said:
You close to MI? I will totally trade a ceeeeute little baby piggie for a nice meaty buckling ;)

I can't believe that they are already so chunky and running all around the stall like crazy things. I touch them and pet them and hold them twice a day while Pinkerton enjoys her meals. Harry just clicked that people are okay too. Went from squealing and running one day when I tried to touch him, to just standing there enjoying the scratches the next :rolleyes:
Arkansas, if you were close I would meet you half way.

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Drat... my chauffer says too far too :/ he is such a fuddy dud. At least he is nice and does drive me a lot of places. I hate hate HATE driving. So if DH doesn't wanna, I usually don't just because I won't drive myself. I am sorta saving up my driving points for the 3 hour drive that I wanna make to pick up a guinea hog girlfriend for Harry :fl

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A busy life can be a good thing :rolleyes:
Seems like forever since I have had time to just play on the internet. I have been getting a lot more hours and work, and when I am home it seems I am either doing chores, eating, sleeping or the internet isn't working LOL

First off.... Piggy Update. They are growing like weeds! For all of you that are having a hard time not getting the spotted one, you will be happy to hear she has been officially spoken for. I try to play with them as much as I can, and she is my least favorite. If I pick up any of the black ones, they squeal a little untill they have been fully supported, then they just grunt a bit and take the petting. The spotty one, she SCREAMS her fool head off. I have been working with holding her and letting her just scream then putting her down when she is quiet. It seems to have been working as she is squealing for shorter periods now. But HOLY COW! The family who are planning on buying her are looking for an outdoor pet pig. They have been reading and doing their research, but I hope they are ready for a handful. I am contimplating trying to talk them into one of the calmer black ones... but we will see how they are when it is closer to weaning. They are all chunky babies. Mama Pinkerton is feeding them well and they are growing like weeds.

In the rabbit news... kits are growing. I have 5 giant chins left to butcher, but we have been so busy lately that we keep putting it off. This sunday, that is at the TOP of the list.

AGH News... I found a gilt to go with Harry. She was hopefully bred at the beginning of the month and I am looking forward to going to get her early next month. I am tickled pink and purple to get her!!!

Ummm, Goat news... Kidding time is getting close! I can just feel it in the air. I have three Sofa Girls. They are so big they look like sofas LOL. They are my usually more plump girls with big healthy rumens, but I can see a little extra starting to show.

I woud include photos, but, as mentioned previously, we have crappy internet that is extra crappy tonight soooo... not uploadin :(