Do Piglets go BALD??

Bedste

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My sweet little 6 week old PBP has bald spots all across her back. We are in a Texas Drought but I keep mud puddles in her yard and she always has water. It looks like it is peeling like a sun burn too.... HELP.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
They do "blow" their coats in the heat. Sometimes it can look quite striking. My PBP currently has only a mowhawk going down her spine line...everything else has blown out. Check for lice but I doubt she'll have any in the heat of summer. It is possible for them to get a sunburn too.

I wouldn't worry about the bald spots and make sure she has a good mud wallow so she can get some mud "sunscreen" on.

Bedste

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
o thank you..... She has lots of mud... I do not see any lice or anything crawling on her.... but I have noticed her scratching sometimes. When should she start eating strickly grain? She is currently drinking goat milk from a flat pan and a handful of grain that she ignors and leaves there.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Losing the hair can make them quite itchy.

I wouldn't remove the milk until at least 10 weeks of age. Keep offering the grain though. I would put just a little in the pan with the milk.

Latest posts