Do you feed fruits/veggies daily?

GoatCrazyLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I feed mine apples & carrots twice a week for treats. They LOVE them. I also give green leafy veggies once in awhile.

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Rabbits are, by nature, herbivores...not vegetarians. I give mine pellets, hay and then grass or greens/weeds or leaves from plants that they can eat. I don't feed them root vegetables like carrots, but I have fed the carrot tops. I don't give them much fruit, unless it is something like the strawberry tops or rinds from watermelon.

AdamBorzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
fruits and veggies are excellent for them...
seldom I gave them pellets...

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I feed carrots, celery, or lettuce in small amounts every evening. My rabbits love it and have had no problems with digestion. Garden time is coming and i hope to plant several things for the rabbits such as radishes for the tops. Lots of weeds here so will do a little research to see which they like and can tolerate.

shanzu farms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
There are a lot of mixed signals out there. I am relatively new to this venture, but I feed pellets everyday, plenty of hay, but at night I give a handful of greens (endive, kale, comfrey, etc.) For my 'feeder' rabbits (young ones raised for meat) I keep on the grass in my yard, feed them hand fulls of everything I get get out of the garden that is weedlike, or greens, which I grow in plenty. For breeders, I just keep it to a reasonable amount, only at night and cut back if i see any diarrhea or if they are not eating pellets. All that said: i would love to go 100% natural, but for breeders i think it is too risky until I figure it out better.

BunnyBoxHop

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It is perfectly fine to feed your bunny fruits and vegetables everyday. I feed my bunny, Flop, fruits and vegetables everyday and he's happy and healthy. 4 cup vegetables and 2oz of fruit, but if you miss one day of not feeding him this, okay.

P.S
My bunny adores banana. You should see him.

Edited by staff 2/23/17

Last edited by a moderator: