Do you know what feed this is?

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So my bf got a bag of feed from a co-worker. (Dont know why) But the information tag had been removed and the bag only says 'feed'. Does anyone know what this is and who can eat it? He was told it was bought just last week. Thank yo and sorry for such a seemingly stupid question :hide

image.jpeg

(Yes he torn the bag when hebrought it in)
image.jpeg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just making a guess here, but it does have pictures of a cow, horses and sheep on the bag... If it wasn't good for them I'd say that was false advertising/misleading... I can't be sure but it looks like I see wheat bran and oat particles in there. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't "harm" your animals if you gave them just a little bit each feeding to add to what you already give them. I seem to recall seeing that "feed bag" someplace, but can't recall when or where. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Can BF ask the person he got it from where THEY got it from? Then you could call the source and ask them?

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If it is wheat bran ... for horses, feed it in smaller amounts and only after you make a hot mash with it or it just may cause severe colic.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bran is usually used for as a bulking agent...kind of like a nice breakfast cereal with a lot of fiber. I don't think it would hurt to use a handful or two added to a larger bucket of their regular feed...just start slowly... Or maybe just add a bit of it to the compost pile..

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like wheat bran and maybe some oat bran; my guess is that it was for adding bulk to a feed ration. I would use it about 1/6 of the ration of whatever you are feeding. It will also make them slow down a little so if you have someone who "gulps" their feed they will eat slower. Make sure there is plenty of water available as it will cause them to need it so they don't get constipated.