Do you need fleece/wool to be spun or processed?

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I signed up for that last month and have a mohair fleece all the way in Alaska being spun right now. There are some really talented people there and I think its going to be perfect for my special fleeces that can't be sent to a mill for whatever reason.

stitchcounting

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I signed up for that last month and have a mohair fleece all the way in Alaska being spun right now. There are some really talented people there and I think its going to be perfect for my special fleeces that can't be sent to a mill for whatever reason.
did you get it back yet? I've been soo busy with trades there are bout 3 good groups now! this is the original though

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I did and the yarn turned out lovely! I have some more stuff to trade there and in The Community but I haven't gotten around to photographing and posting it yet.

trampledbygeese

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I do a lot of spinning and wool processing for trades like this and I think this would be a great way to get in touch with more customers. Thanks again.

edit to add: oh, it's on facebook. Didn't see that. oh well.

LeviS

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I know this is kind of an oldish thread but I'm curious, is there a place that one can send mohair to, to sell or anything? I was very briefly considering angora's or alpacas for down the road but I don't have the time, skill, or patience to do anything with the mohair. Or even a place to have it turned into something?