1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Official BYH Caption Contest - Pic by Sfogg
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. BYH Featured Thread: Because BYH
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Doe Blind in One Eye

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Goats' started by Lanthanum, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dec 22, 2016
    Lanthanum

Lanthanum Ridin' The Range

My Bonnie, ever since I got her, has had a white hazy pocket on top of her left eye. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but it's obvious she can't see much out of it. When at the vet for her ultra sound, Dr. Gibson said he doesn't know what it is but she definitely can't see out of the places the pocket covers. Any ideas on what it could be? It doesn't hurt her I'm just curious since even the vet didn't know what it was. The best picture where you can see it is this one IMG_0255.JPG

2. Dec 22, 2016
    norseofcourse

norseofcourse True BYH Addict Golden Herd Member

Maybe an old injury? How old is she?

3. Dec 22, 2016
    Lanthanum

Lanthanum Ridin' The Range

She's four years old, I got her when she was about 8 months. She didn't have that when I got her, but she never showed signs of injury. It just showed up slowly without an obvious cause