Doe Kidded...need help Pics

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The doe's markings are pretty classic for a nubian...the stripes down each side of the face and that white 'stamp' on the head. Screams of nubian to me.

They're adorable, btw. :)

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The little doe is adorable!!!

I had the same problem with my pygmy/nubian cross last March - had a buckling first and then squirted out a little doeling and totally ignored her. We forced her to nurse and all turned out for the best with no bottle baby.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Aww poor doeling! She's beautiful though.

We had a similar situation last year...one of our does had twins, a buck first and then a doe, and she didn't reject the doeling, but she definitely preferred the firstborn. He got more milk and attention than his sister did.

Goat of Many Colors

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. I did get the little doeling back to her Mama. I managed to squeeze out a little milk and rubbed it all in her face and my DH held Mama while she nursed. She nurses now but Mama still does not dote on her like she does the buckling. The doeling can't nurse unless the buckling is there, Mama just walks away. If I pick up the buckling Mama protests until I put him back down but if it's the doeling, she couldn't care less.

Such is nature.....

Goat of Many Colors

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here's a picture I took yesterday in their little shirts. It's been in the 20's and teens all this week in Florida and we are not equipped for that kind of cold. Dollar General had all the Christmas Onesies on sale for $1.25. I bought 3 to 6 months and just cut the bottoms off of them. Rolled up the sleeves a bit and they worked great for a little extra warmth.

1339_shirts.jpg