Doe not eating much, losing weight

Pinewood Ridge

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Nigerian doe, that has been dropping weight, and now in the past few days, not eating much of her grain. Picking at her alfalfa and pasture grass.

Eyelids/gums are very pale pink. Temp is 100.4. No diarrhea. I feed the cocci medicated pellets/grain. Shots and wormed last fall for all adults.

She did gobble down some oatmeal cookies while ago. I've only given toltrazuril to the babies. Should I start her on it? On advice from another forum, I gave her a dose of moxidectin (Quest). But apparently that is very slow acting, and can't give ivermectin now on top of it.

I'm going to Tractor Supply in the morning to get probiotics, and some Red Cell for anemia. I did give her B Complex yesterday, but hearing I should be giving like every 6 hours? Don't have any dark beer on hand. We don't drink, and this is a dry county on a Sunday, so not much chance of getting any. I do have powdered brewers yeast.

Anything else?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Nigerian doe, that has been dropping weight, and now in the past few days, not eating much of her grain. Picking at her alfalfa and pasture grass.

Eyelids/gums are very pale pink. Temp is 100.4. No diarrhea. I feed the cocci medicated pellets/grain. Shots and wormed last fall for all adults.

She did gobble down some oatmeal cookies while ago. I've only given toltrazuril to the babies. Should I start her on it? On advice from another forum, I gave her a dose of moxidectin (Quest). But apparently that is very slow acting, and can't give ivermectin now on top of it.

I'm going to Tractor Supply in the morning to get probiotics, and some Red Cell for anemia. I did give her B Complex yesterday, but hearing I should be giving like every 6 hours? Don't have any dark beer on hand. We don't drink, and this is a dry county on a Sunday, so not much chance of getting any. I do have powdered brewers yeast.

Anything else?
I think the red cell and b complex are spot on.

Can you get a b complex paste from the feed store?

Hopefully the red cell and b complex will help her perk up and want to eat...

The pro biotic will help get her digestion starting back up.

But yes.... clearly she needs to be wormed more often... (at least that is my guess)

Latest posts