DOE OFF ALL FOOD, JUST KIDDED

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
MY DOE WHO HAD TWINS WEDNESDAY NIGHT WAS DOING FINE, BABIES SEEMED OKAY, YESTERDAY EVENING SEEN THAT ONE DOELING WAS DOWN, WENT AND GOT HER, TRIED LIKE H TO GET HER TO COME AROUND, WAS UP TILL 1:00AM AND I LOST HER. BUT NOW THE MOM IS JUST LAYING AROUND, HAS'NT EATEN TODAY, MAYBE DEPREASED?? I THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING HER SOME PROBIAS, OR VIT B. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST. I BROUGHT HER OTHER BABY IN THE HOUSE CAUSE SHE WAS'NT LETTING HER SUCKLE. WE DID MILK OUT THE MOM THIS MORNING. SHE'S A SECOND TIMER, AND ALWAYS DOES PRETTY GOOD. DID DEWORM HER YESTURDAY.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I would treat for ketosis...first guess. So sorry you lost the kid overnight, hope the other one pulls through ok.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Im sorry...thats stinks!! :hugs I would agree with ketosis too...thats where I would start...

Good luck...hope the other little one makes it!! :fl

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Sorry you lost the doeling. Yes, give her Vitamin B and Probios but also treat for ketosis. Good luck. :hugs

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:D THANKS, I GAVE HER THE MICRCLE DRINK, SHE DRANK THAT RIGHT UP, GAVE HER VIT B COMPLEX AND SOME PROBIAS, SHE GOT UP NIBBLED ON A LITTLE ALFAFA PETTLETS, AND LAID BACK DOWN. WILL KEEP UP THE TREATMENT AND KEEP EYE ON HER, SHE KEEPS SNIFFING FOR HER KIDS. THE ONE IN THE HOUSE IS DOING GOOD. PATTY

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I am so sorry that you lost one of the kids... :hugs
I agree with the call on ketosis. Hope she and the other kid are back to happy and healthy SOON! :fl