Does anyone else just have hunters coming through their property during the season?

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Most of the people who trespass have been doing it for years. I had permission to hunt a woods years ago and I was the only one I counted 10 people the first day. I talked to 2 of them and they said they had written permission for life to hunt the woods. I asked who signed it then I informed them that that person sold the land 20 years ago and the new owner only allowed me to hunt. Some people just think that permission is forever but in reality you should get permission every year.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take clear pictures of them & vehicle plates, call the cops & press charges. Every. Time.
People don't learn if you're nice, they just see a pushover.
Though, they may get nasty and "accidentally" kill your dogs/livestock...That's my biggest fear.
Is it fenced? Can you add very hot wire to zap them?

Its illegal to booby trap. Idk why it was so dang popular in cartoons, because now everyone believes its okay. No, you'll end up in deep trouble for it. I'd love to hide nails in my driveway for the constant flow of people who Uturn in my drive rutting it, park to dump trash, or just hang out for w/e reasons.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
No trespassing signs get lost or stolen a better solution is to Drive some t-posts in the ground where they enter and paint the top of the posts No Hunting Purple, which also means No Trespassing. Properly seated T-posts are much harder to steal and the paint is pretty much permeant. Around here they just paint a purple ring around the trees, but I like the t-posts better.

If you still get trespassers, then set up a trail cam or two and snap some pictures of the trespassers and their license plates. Turn the photo evidence over to law enforcement and demand action be taken.

Most ag and home improvement stores carry No Hunting Purple spray paint. anyone that has a hunting license learns about no hunting purple paint during the mandatory safety classes. So there is no reason for them to cross unless they are stupid then they shouldn't have a hunting license to begin with.
View attachment 79345

This isn't taught at all.
I heard about it for the first time a few years ago!
In Va, aluminum or purple color, it needs to be 2in wide, 8in long, between 3-6ft from the ground where easily visible.
I have also never seen this done. Not in cities or suburbia nor out here in the country.

Its another one of those things that should be taught in school, but isn't. They give us a booklet of all the driving laws, but can't be bothered to do the same for other important things in life. That booklet can be gotten for any state.
I wonder if anyone has started a website of things like this. 🤔

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have never heard of the no hunt purple paint. I have been all over our state and have never seen it. Nor do I know of anyone who knows of it or has seen it. Maybe itsonly in your state

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have never heard of the no hunt purple paint. I have been all over our state and have never seen it. Nor do I know of anyone who knows of it or has seen it. Maybe itsonly in your state
It is used in Texas too. Easier than signs, just slap paint on a tree.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If it’s painted you’ve been ainted. I never have hunted but in Texas, every single deer season, someone in the grocery store, church, or otherwise would stop me and tell me don’t hunt on painted property. But I actually forgot until you mentioned it.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's why I ain't seen it only five states have it and none of them are top places to hunt wait s Carolina might be the top black bear state