Does anyone have thier does ultrasounded?

Slightly Cracked

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had thier does ultrasounded to determine if they was pregnant and/or to determine how many fetuses they was carrying?
Has any one used Bio Tracking/blood tests to find out if they was pregnant?

How do would you KNOW that they was bred if the above methods was NOT used?

Thanks for the info!!

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I do know some folks that use BioTracking to determine whether their does are pregnant. Personally, I wait after the breeding to see whether they come back into heat or not.

Slightly Cracked

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I don't think anyone has come back in, BUT I am NOT good at that to begin with :rolleyes:
We have a young buck in with them but he has been content to be thier friend. :lol:

This waiting stuff is for the birds!! :barnie I just want to know.
My son showed for the first time last year. So the plan is the babies born in the spring is what he wants to take to the fair come August. So if the girls are NOT bred we need to be thinking in a differnt direction for show kids.
Plus he really wanted to have his show stock born on our farm.

I think I will just load our 3 girls up and have them ultrasounded next week. So that way I can KNOW!!

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, I sonogram all of my does.

Hobby Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We had our does ultrasounded last week. It was pretty cool. The vet had a hand held portable unit that was attached to a visor looking hat that had the veiwing screen. The vet shaved a little area, loobed it up, and was able to see the kid.

It was pretty cool. Bonus, it didn't cost us any additional fees. It was included in the vets time at our house. I don't know if I would do it everytime, but it was worth it since he was already there.

Hobby Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Hobby Farm, who is your vet? Just curious since I'm also in Ohio.
He is from the Maria Stein Animal Clinic. His name is Greg Smeezing. The have 6 or 7 vets, but he is the one with the most goat knowledge.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Oh, ok. It is sometimes hard to find vets with portable ultrasound machines. Luckily I have 3 in my area too.