Does Bullying Baby

MrszLopez

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have two Nigerian Dwarf females that are about 5 months old & an Oberhasli female that is about 4 months old. All about the same size. I brought home a little 3 week old buck & was hoping that they wouldnt be too hard on him. Im afraid to leave him out there with them because I think they might hurt him. Theyre butting him into the walls. What can i do ? i have him seperated right now, but eventually, he will need to go with them. I do plan to have him "fixed" so them getting pregnant is not an issue. I just need to know what to do to get them to accept him.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
A three week old single kid without it's dam's protection is too young to be in general population. Your other goats might injure him.

I would section off a small area of your goat pen for him - where he can see and interact through a fence with the other goats. When he's closer to 2 months of age...he should be ready to go out with them. The pen being adjacent to the other goats will help him learn to be a goat (eat pellets and hay, social order, etc) which will ease the transition later.

Pics? :p

MrszLopez

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks ! I have him in the area right next to them. He can see & hear & sniff them thru the fence. Unfortunately, i took a LOAD of pics yesterday of him & the girls, & my daughter threw my camera across the kitchen.. yay. :somad

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Sounds like something mine would do! Darn it all.

Good deal, I'd say you're good to go. Give him another 3 weeks or so in that set up, and try it again.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
MrszLopez said:
Thanks ! I have him in the area right next to them. He can see & hear & sniff them thru the fence. Unfortunately, i took a LOAD of pics yesterday of him & the girls, & my daughter threw my camera across the kitchen.. yay. :somad
If it's a digital camera you can use a card reader or take the card into somewhere that has a card reader (Walmart, Walgreens, etc.) and have them put the pics onto disk. Here it only costs $2-3 to do and you don't have to have them do prints.