Does that had a vaginal prolapse

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just purchased a buckling from a lady as my new herdsire. While I was there she showed me two does that she was also selling due to there lopsided udders but I wasn't worried about that....but they both had quads this year and they are very short and both had vaginal prolapse but was perfectly fine after that and had perfectly healthy babies. They are also very fat so I thought that could've played into the prolapse. I am unsure wether or not to buy them due to the prolapse.

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would avoid them, why buy a potential problem? Vaginal prolapses are more likely to be hereditary than uterine prolapses. Of course, it does depend... how bad was the prolapse? When during the pregnancy did they prolapse? How was it fixed? You'd need a lot more information if you really wanted to buy these does!

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They were purebred Nigerian dwarfs. One of the babies was still there and I saw her and she was a nice sized doeling almost as big as the buckling I bought. No they were not FF.

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I found some else who has some does for sell so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna advoid the two does that had the prolapse. It worries me too much knowing they had that.