1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Bee Hives. Swarm information, history, lessons and more
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Dog flying or going thru Canadian border or ship?

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by TAH, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Sep 3, 2016
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

I am freaked out scared about all these ideas. Has anyone tried shipping, Flying, or taking a pit mix thru the Canadian border?

2. Sep 3, 2016
    NH homesteader

NH homesteader Herd Master

Does Canada have issues with pits?

TAH likes this.
  3. Sep 3, 2016
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

I have heard the onterio border does but i have to call the rest. Thankfully we don't have to go thru the onterio border.

4. Sep 3, 2016
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

Not sure if I spelled that right

5. Sep 15, 2016
    cjc

cjc Loving the herd life

Ontario is the only province that has a restriction on pit bulls. All pit bulls that were already around are grandfathered in. If you aren't crossing at the Ontario border then its not an issue, to be honest even if you cross in Ontario I don't think it's an issue. It's only for the purchase and sale of new pit-bull puppies within the province of Ontario.

All you need to bring a US dog across the Canadian border is a health certificate from the vet proving the dog has an up to date rabies shot. I have flown/shipped, driven with a dog across the Canadian/US border and have never had an issue. If you are shipping a dog across the border some airlines will have restrictions on what months you can fly the dog due to temperatures. Some states/provinces will not allow a dog to fly cargo at certain temperatures. But now that we are into September it shouldn't be an issue.

TAH and Alexz7272 like this.