Dog flying or going thru Canadian border or ship?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am freaked out scared about all these ideas. Has anyone tried shipping, Flying, or taking a pit mix thru the Canadian border?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does Canada have issues with pits?
I have heard the onterio border does but i have to call the rest. Thankfully we don't have to go thru the onterio border.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure if I spelled that right

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ontario is the only province that has a restriction on pit bulls. All pit bulls that were already around are grandfathered in. If you aren't crossing at the Ontario border then its not an issue, to be honest even if you cross in Ontario I don't think it's an issue. It's only for the purchase and sale of new pit-bull puppies within the province of Ontario.

All you need to bring a US dog across the Canadian border is a health certificate from the vet proving the dog has an up to date rabies shot. I have flown/shipped, driven with a dog across the Canadian/US border and have never had an issue. If you are shipping a dog across the border some airlines will have restrictions on what months you can fly the dog due to temperatures. Some states/provinces will not allow a dog to fly cargo at certain temperatures. But now that we are into September it shouldn't be an issue.