Dog health questions

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's hard on him I'm sure not to be his usual active self, but I've known too many handicapped veterans that couldn't do all the things they used to as well and they live mostly happy full lives. Heck, I can't do lots of the things I used to either and I sure ain't ready for anyone to put me down ... yet.

Amen to that.
I'm glad he's doing better.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Good news all around. Happy for all of you. Hope he continues to the point the chair is no longer needed.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put the 'wheelchair' up on the wall of the shop yesterday.
Don't need it no more.

indyagain.jpg

He can't run yet and still needs help getting up the steps but it won't be long..

indy3.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I love when they are able to heal and have that quality of life!
Have seen this several times with dogs that had no breaks but damaged without a known cause.

Made my day Greybeard!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is great news! I know you are very happy with his improvement. This is your friend, your buddy that loves to hang out with you. A good dog is a pleasure. A truly great dog is a joy.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
How's his wound healing? Nurse here. I may have a few "off the record" suggestions. :) So glad he is getting around better!

For future reference, yogurt has good bacteria that help straighten out the gut.

You may also want to put him on a joint supplement that contains glucosamine and chondroitin. There are several brands available over the counter or even from your vet. Your vet may also recommend something for arthritis if he starts acting stiff. These usually require yearly lab work as they can be hard on kidneys/liver.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Great job there GB. Glad the old fella is coming around. Hope you heal up as well.