Dogs, "Dad", Discipline - For Your Amusement :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
For your amusement! :)

I know I have mentioned before my Dh and how he adores "Badger".
But... I have never had housedogs that don't obey a command, nor have I had dogs so spoiled that they are brats. Until now. :lol:

o_Oo_Oo_O

Seems "daddy" is where the discipline must start! :lol:

Badger has full blown temper tantrums. Ok- my human children have never had a temper tantrum...I'll be darned if I will have a dog that does! :rolleyes:

When Badger doesn't get his way or wants something he takes his paw (remember he is a big boy) a flings stuff... then looks at you like an ill behaved child trying to get his way... he flings chairs, bowls, even a suede tote that is tucked into me buffet... he pulls it out and flips it all over the floor. He will knock things over if he isn't getting his way!
Yes... you read that right!:ep

Now it is true that sometimes I have to turn away because I do not want him seeing me laugh. It is quite funny! Of course "daddy" thinks this is funny and babies him! :smack

:th:th:th Yes, this is what I deal with! :lol:

Oh, and he has been begging too. (The dog not the husband)

Sooooo... I finally said enough! ENOUGH! I will not have bratty ill mannered dogs in the house!
Saturday we were ( a bunch of us) in the kitchen making brunch... 1,2,3 dogs all in the kitchen acting like "where's mine" "me, me, me"

Ummmm, NO! I remind DH NO! DH say go on out of the kitchen. They stare at him. As if though they are thinking right... he can't be serious.:hu

Finally I say!
Badger out of the Kitchen!
Rita out of the kitchen!
Lucy out of the kitchen!

All 3 dogs back out of the kitchen. I say SIT! They sat, they froze.
You could see their eyes saying uh oh "Mom is in town!!!!!!!!!"
Badger went to get up once and I gave him the look ;).
Rita is really great she will sit and stay til she is called out. Good girl Rita!
Lucy is old and is a pretty good girl still, she stayed, got up once then back down. Grace for this girl as she is old.

Sunday evening Badger and Rita were hovering around the table waiting for some steak... I told Dh call them out to the family room...
SMH...
DH-Rita, come on.
Rita doesn't move from the table.
DH- Rita, come on girl
Rita doesn't move from the table
I stand up, say "out"... Rita moved from the table and went to the family room.:lol::lol::lol:

Badger even looks at Dh and then me ... I swear the dog is trying to play the "parents" .. my kids never did that. He does this whole thing of Daddy loves me more... It is sad when you look at your dog and find yourself saying, "I am not jealous of you. You are a dog!"
They you realize you actually did just say that to the dog! :lol::lol::lol:

I think this will be a long haul... the dogs are easy to train. DH? :hide gonna take time! :lol:
I love that my DH loves the dogs so much! Really is a blessing! Even if he has ruined them.:p

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubby and I are currently dogless, but we've had a few over the years. Early on, we decided in the language of the "pack," he was "Boss," I was "Boss B****," or "BB" for short. That look that means business became known a "the BB face." "The BB face" will stop a pushy 1200 lb horse in its tracks, too.:\ There is no equivalent "Boss face," interestingly.:rolleyes:

They sure know a pushover when they see one, don't they!:lol:

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Southern, in our household I ( the DAD ) am the one that the dogs and cats respect and obey instantly. When I am away, MOM is the one that they look up to as the pack leader. When I return home, one and all greet me , then soon settle into their place .

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
For thousands of years, women have perfected "the look" and passed that knowledge down to their daughters. Woe to the man or animal who defies "the look" and does not immediately va-MOOSE !!! (va-MOOSE is a Texan corruption of the Spanish word vamonos, it means LEAVE)