***Dreaming of Goat's 4-H Goat Leasing Journal***

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
7/10

Last night, I went to go see the goats/cows. First, I got all of the goats in the waiting area to be milked, while one of the babies was being tubed (More about that later). Then we milked all 7 of the goats, well I actually only milked Joy :).

So, about the baby... Sacajawea had a black, purebred obie buck :) but he's EXTREMELY sick. We believe he has (or had, I'm not sure as of now) enterotoxemia :( He was extremely limp, couldn't hold his head up or hi mouth closed, so he had to be tubed. He also got tetanus antitioxin, vitamin b, and some warm milk. As I was leaving, he was being put under a heat lamp to help him out a bit.

After the milking, we went to the house and I helped make some chevre.... Then the vet came, vaccinated the cows, and then looked at the baby.

Thats about it, I'll be going tonight again!!!!!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
7/13/11

I'm tired.... Here's what we did:
- Re trained Joy to walk with the show collar which took us 2 hours and she still isn't ready :( I have to work with her SO MUCH MORE because the show is only 3 weeks away

- Looked at the rabbits: Found out one of his keeper "does" was a buck. Two of the meat babies are bucks also.

Oh, and the baby died .

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Haven't updated in awhile... Here's what I've done:
-Shaved Joy
-Clipper her udder
-Trimmed hooves three times (They were baaaaad)
-Went to the ADGA National Show in Springfield, Mass. (AMAZING! Picked up a few things myself :) )
-Worked with Joy A LOT
- 4-H Fair on the 5th!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Good luck at the Fair!
Thanks, I'm going to need it with a calf thats at least 500 lbs who hates to walk... and when he lays down in protest he WILL NOT move!!!!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The fair went OK.....

My doe took 2nd in her milkers class... but the only other person in that class was my friend from the same farm :p I actually ended up showing the winning doe and she got reserve champion obie. I took last in my showmanship :( I'm still learning, plus my goat is a drama queen and was acting up the whole time (We're pretty sure she was in heat too :rolleyes: ) I showed the superintendents doeling because they were twins and she needed someone else to show. I LOVE showing, but the showmanship itself not too much. I'm getting to know all of the parts and I know all of the answers to the questions!

Oh and the cow, well, lets just say he was TROUBLE!!!! He walked around for showmanship. I won that class because I was the only one.... Then we had to go onto the next round of showman ship, where he decided to lay down in the middle of the ring. Then, as we were bringing him out, the largest beef cow there decided to step on my toes... I was wearing RUBBER MUCK BOOTS!!! So I had to forfit the next round which was fine with me! :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Wow. Sounds like the goat shows at my fair...quite a few goats being brats :p

Hope your foot was ok!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Wow. Sounds like the goat shows at my fair...quite a few goats being brats :p

Hope your foot was ok!
Haha... and my toes were purple for a week or two :(