***Dreaming of Goat's 4-H Goat Leasing Journal***

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys.......... I was already really attached to her too. Her first bottle was from me, so everytime they fed the baby pen she would cry for me :hit and she was such a funny little goat. Adventurous, curious..... Even when there was a new person coming to pick up a sheep, she was there by my side trying to get hugs :hugs Even after I passed out at the doctors(Long story!) I refused to go home and watch TV, I wanted to go see Snickers! The morning i got the email from the farm owners, I was so sad. I was soooooooo sad during that whole school day and it was really hard on me :( Then when she died, at least I knew that she was in a happier place :(

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
6/18/2011

I went today..... I'm just gonna list out the things I did :D
- Worked with Joy
- Trimmed Joy's hooves
- Worked with Bud (the cow)
- Put Bud and Sam into the barnyard
- Trimmed Mattie's hooves
- Helped put up a pen for the sheep to train them not to chew the electric fence.... Hahaha
- Fixed the goat paddock fencing (They were escaping)
That's about it...now some pictures!!!
Joy in the stanchion
2213_cows_first_pasture_joy_004.jpg

Joy's cute face
2213_cows_first_pasture_joy_005.jpg

Bud walking around the barnyard
2213_cows_first_pasture_joy_008.jpg

Bud galloping... He likes to run!!!
2213_cows_first_pasture_joy_014.jpg

Joy's FF Udder (Half way through day so not too full)
2213_cows_first_pasture_joy_006.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!!!!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I believe the calf is a guernsey/jersey cross.... But it will probably change tomorrow!!! :lol:

On another note, I'm going this weekend to try out my new soft brush and a brush for the cow's tail... I think I have WAY too many grooming supplies :)

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
6/25/11

I went yesterday... didn't have the time to update it!!! I helped muck out a large pen and I raked the aisle, threw out old wool... Then, I went inside and got some homemade lemon sherbet :drool It was AMAZING!!!!! Then I went outside to help my friend shave a goat, but right after we got the doe (Buffalo Gal or Buffy for short) on the stand, her mom came to pick her up :th So, she's going to do it today with help from the farm owner. Then I attempted to work with Almond Joy, but she decided to be a drama queen because no-one else was working with them. So, I put her back in and then got my new soft brush :D and went to brush him and he LOVES it!!!! I brushed and rubbed him for at least 45 minutes, and then got my new tail brush out to brush his poopy tail :lol: He didn't like it, but it sure does look better!!! I brushed him more, then went to help feed and water the chickens and rabbits. 67 eggs today!!! Then one of the mamas hatched a silver penciled rock bantam chick :love it's adorable!!! But the mom is very protective!!! Then I held some of the dutch rabbit babies :) They're only a few weeks old now so they are SO cute!!!! So, I had a very fun day!!! :woot

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh, please remember you can always ask questions about me, the farm, or whatever else related to this!!! I'll be happy to answer them!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
7/3-7/8

I went to 4-H Camp!!!!! More specifically goat camp. We learned and memorized most of the showcard, learned ALL of the goat parts, and some other things. For grooming we bathed them, clipped them, trimmed hooves, and scrubbed the hooves. I also milked my friends goat 4-5 times and now I'm used to it, now I just need to get more sanitary milk and maybe get a little faster. :)