Driving for fun

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience teaching an adult animal to drive?

I have ZERO experience with driving any sort of animal other than playing around with a pony & long lines many, many, many years ago. So I know that I've got a lot to learn before I even think about teaching Eva to drive.
She's got such a sweet, calm, kind nature and has been handled ALL OVER all of her life. I think that she will learn quickly - IF I can keep from screwing it up due to my complete lack of knowledge.

Can anyone recommend some books or video series that I can study?
Or... is anyone near Virginia and would be willing to give me a few lessons???

new mask 5.23.18.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Internet. Most are trained as young calves....but, she's been handled, so🤷🤔😊

Are you not milking her?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Internet. Most are trained as young calves....but, she's been handled, so🤷🤔😊

Are you not milking her?
Not anymore. Once the calf gets big enough that I don't HAVE to, I drop to once or twice a week as I have time to process/use it. This year, I've been so busy that I haven't done anymore than check once a week to make sure her udder is healthy. She's a 'fulltime beef mama' this year.

I've done some searching on the internet. But as you can imagine, a search using words like 'cow', 'cattle' and 'drive' brings up A LOT of videos of cattle drives instead of cattle being driven. And replacing 'drive' with words like 'pull' & 'cart' brings up some disturbing videos of 'training' cattle in lands where they are routinely used instead of motor vehicles 😥

I think I'm going to start looking into horse training info and work on tuning up her halter & lead training for now

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I WISH this article had pictures