Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if the Doe is feeding once or twice a day? If she feeds twice a day you can split the litter up and then feed each group once a day..πŸ‘πŸΌβ€πŸ°
I really don't know how often she's feeding them! If twice that would work great! I'll try to figure it out! Thank you!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really don't know how often she's feeding them! If twice that would work great! I'll try to figure it out! Thank you!
You can totally separate them into two groups by picking out the fed full bunnies and then feed the unfed bunnies first. πŸ‘πŸΌ You can use the nest material and place the one group in a box away from them. First figure out what time of the day she feeds. If twice or once also πŸ‘πŸΌβ€οΈπŸ°

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can totally separate them into two groups by picking out the fed full bunnies and then feed the unfed bunnies first. πŸ‘πŸΌ You can use the nest material and place the one group in a box away from them. First figure out what time of the day she feeds. If twice or once also πŸ‘πŸΌβ€πŸ°
The hard part will be figuring out when she feeds them! :)

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here's another little trick for when the bunnies leave the nest. Momma will not be able to support that many bunnies so you can put the milk replacer in a rabbit water bottle and the bunnies will drink it up eagerly ❀🐰
That's also a great idea! πŸ’ž

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You should know if the bellies are full in the morning or at night.
I'll have my husband check! I'm taking care of our grandbaby! I do know that they've had full bellies in the morning...I just don't know if she feeds them a second time. I'll have him separate them & then we will alternate nesting boxes! πŸ’ž

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll have my husband check! I'm taking care of our grandbaby! I do know that they've had full bellies in the morning...I just don't know if she feeds them a second time. I'll have him separate them & then we will alternate nesting boxes! πŸ’ž
Best wishes with the bakers dozen..❀️🐰