Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! We built those last year. We're hoping to build a couple more soon. If you're interested my husband drew out the plans & a parts list. I can post it here for you! 😊

Thank you! I plant in the ground, but I'm sure others would be happy to see it.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! I plant in the ground, but I'm sure others would be happy to see it.
We've always done that too, but as we've gotten older we've decided that this is much easier on our bodies! My husband asked me what I wanted to do today and I said since we don't get to spend the day with our kids, let's go get the supplies for the new boxes! So that's what we're doing! I'll share the plans and pictures of the build! 😊

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's here! :love

My daughter and her husband surprised me with stamps for my eggs! They also found Food Safe ink, but that won't arrive until tomorrow! I love these!!!💞

Mothers Day 2020 - Egg stamp from Danielle & Josh.jpg

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are getting ready to build two new 4'x14' raised beds! Our first two were 4'x12'! Now I need to head outside to get the boards painted for the new beds! I will share the new build when we get it done! :)

For anyone who's interested, I'm attaching a PDF with the diagram and parts list for the 4'x12' beds and a few pictures!

Pictures: For a visual!
Corner Detail!
Garden Box 2.jpg

Garden Box.jpg

Inserted pipe placement to keep the bed from bowing out!
Garden Box 3.jpg

Attachments

• Garden Box Plan.pdf
    528.6 KB · Views: 320

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The ink arrived today and I finally got to try out my egg stamps! It's going to take a little practice, using a flat stamp on the compound curve of an egg is a little difficult! My son is going to see if he can make it easier to use! I love them, they're so fun!
Mothers Day 2020 --- Egg stamp from Danielle & Josh.jpg

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Those raised beds are so beautiful. Even a crop of weeds would look stunning in them, lol.

Love the stamps. Maybe you could train the girls to lay them with a flat side.
Thank you! 💞 My husband does good work and builds things to last!

I will have a talk with them this morning and tell them that we need a flat side...lol!!! 😂

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A new toy for the chicks!!! I try to give the chicks something to keep them from squabbling when they get bored! The Welsummer flying toward me, went right out the door...I almost dropped my phone...😂

<iframe width="1663" height="717" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>