Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What ya do is....get a ping-pong ball and whichever one ya bounce the ball in....is the Cup of the day....:cool:
Conundrum solved...now I just have to find my ping pong balls...they are probably with my marbles someplace...I just don't know where! 😂

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bahahaha :gig
I know where your ping pong ball is. Bindi stole it. She brought home one a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't figure out who she stole it from. :lol:..She hasn't yet brought home a bag of marbles..😁
I'm so relieved to know she found it...good girl Bindi...now, maybe you can ask her if she happened to see my marbles when she found the ping pong ball...I could really use them... :gig

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Baymule Good morning! I have a couple of questions about freezing tomatoes prior to canning! Do you slip the skins before you freeze them? I have enough to do a few quarts, but we are going on a short trip today and I might not have time to get them canned. Also do you notice a difference from the ones that you don't freeze?

Thank you for your time! :)

Finally enough tomatoes to can! We've had a lot of cucumbers, but this is the biggest so far! 16"
First Tomatoes for Canning  7.15.2020.jpg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay may do it differently, I'll let her tell you her way.
I just rinse my tomatoes and freeze whole. When I'm ready to use them I rinse the whole tomato under running water and the skins slip right off. If your tomatoes have a thick core, you could cut that out before freezing.
Sure makes things simple, and I can can when the season slows down.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bay may do it differently, I'll let her tell you her way.
I just rinse my tomatoes and freeze whole. When I'm ready to use them I rinse the whole tomato under running water and the skins slip right off. If your tomatoes have a thick core, you could cut that out before freezing.
Sure makes things simple, and I can can when the season slows down.
Thank you very much! I've canned a lot of tomatoes, but never thought of freezing them! I was able to can 4 quarts before we left, but I will definitely utilize this method in the future! 💞

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have read that freezing ahead also will make it easier to cook down into sauce and such as the water drains off so not as much liquid to start with to make sauce.
Thank you Jan...that is good to know! I have 5 San Marzano tomato plants for making sauce!

Last edited: