Drstratton - My Backyard Journey Journal

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Time for a small update! We spent some time at our daughter's home & then went & helped our son & his wife with the final touches to get their house ready to sell. We got home last Friday, but then I got sick, I think I'm finally starting to feel better! Anyway, that's why I haven't been around.

My husband checked on the chickens this morning & found our first egg! It's a little small, but I know they will get bigger! I have it next to a large egg from Costco, which I still have quite a few of. Hopefully more will start laying & I won't have to buy any eggs for a long time!

20200728_092723.jpg

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Time for a small update! We spent some time at our daughter's home & then went & helped our son & his wife with the final touches to get their house ready to sell. We got home last Friday, but then I got sick, I think I'm finally starting to feel better! Anyway, that's why I haven't been around.

My husband checked on the chickens this morning & found our first egg! It's a little small, but I know they will get bigger! I have it next to a large egg from Costco, which I still have quite a few of. Hopefully more will start laying & I won't have to buy any eggs for a long time!

View attachment 76444
Congrats its beautiful. The first egg is always so exciting!!

Latest posts