dry fur?

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My angora fur seems to be very very dry, I just got her and have her on Purina Show and Complete Rabbit food as well as all the Tim Hay she can eat. I'm thinking maybe my house is too dry and I need to get her a humidifier? Or perhaps she needs a special bath? She is about 6 months and other then the dry fur is in perfect health from my Vet. Please advise as to what actions I need to take to have her fur improve.

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you tried adding black oil sunflower seeds? I have read that it helps with keeping winter coats in good condition. I have been using it this winter and it seems to work for my rabbits. I do not have angoras though.

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just brought a big bag of BOSS just gave her a couple handfuls

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 TB is plenty!! Especially if it's new to her, or she hasn't recently had. Watch for diarrhea if you gave her a bunch. And will take time to see changes.

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just brought a big bag of BOSS just gave her a couple handfuls

I agree with @promiseacres! That sounds like too much. I started mine with 1/2 teaspoon and build them up to about 2 teaspoons, but I probably could do a tablespoon with my senior rabbits as they are over 10 pounds, but I am cautious when I add new things to my rabbits' diets.