Duck Chat withdrawal ....

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish she was young enough to breed bc her bloodline would produce some awesome foals. Her coloring and temperament are amazing! The vet said "I don't know what color to call her because she is red but has the flax mane and tail, but sorrel fits so we can call her that". I love our vet. She has a great personality and loved seeing all our animals in full swing. She got a kick out of our loud mouthed ducks!

The Hubbs and I just were talking over lunch about looking into a young foal. One that is somewhat similar in temperament. This way the foal can learn from her and is young enough to be used to to our animals and kids. Not set in its ways like a matured horse can be. Young enough and impressionable enough to be influenced by Rose and her demeanor. But also at least halter and lead broke so we can start working with it at a young age. This way we can at least keep part of Rose going (with temperament and disposition). It will heavily depend on if we get this land we are looking at.....
Why do you need to breed everything you own?..Just ride her.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wish she was young enough to breed bc her bloodline would produce some awesome foals. Her coloring and temperament are amazing! The vet said "I don't know what color to call her because she is red but has the flax mane and tail, but sorrel fits so we can call her that". I love our vet. She has a great personality and loved seeing all our animals in full swing. She got a kick out of our loud mouthed ducks!

The Hubbs and I just were talking over lunch about looking into a young foal. One that is somewhat similar in temperament. This way the foal can learn from her and is young enough to be used to to our animals and kids. Not set in its ways like a matured horse can be. Young enough and impressionable enough to be influenced by Rose and her demeanor. But also at least halter and lead broke so we can start working with it at a young age. This way we can at least keep part of Rose going (with temperament and disposition). It will heavily depend on if we get this land we are looking at.....
I believe she's a chestnut. Sorrel have the mane and tail the same color.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe she's a chestnut. Sorrel have the mane and tail the same color.
Sorrel and chestnut are the same thing..Some have flaxen manes and tails..Depends on who is saying the colours. Sort of like fish here. Jack fish are the same as Pike..Walleye are the same as a pickerel here..

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score

Also your horse will not train the foal for you if that's what your thinking?...It doesn't work that way.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorrel and chestnut are the same thing..Some have flaxen manes and tails..Depends on who is saying the colours. Sort of like fish here. Jack fish are the same as Pike..Walleye are the same as a pickerel here..
Google says Sorrel is where mane and tail are the same color as body color, where chestnut is a reddish brown and the mane and tail are lighter. :hu Don't know for sure though.

I've never actually owned a brown horse, I was always partial to grays, pintos, and appys. My neighbor friend was nuts for black and white pintos.