Duck Chat withdrawal ....

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello, :frowlate start today, we turn our mattress around last night and I got the squishy side from my husband. Spent all night falling out of bed and I overslept. My back was killing me too. Husband will get his squishy side back. We will need a new mattress.

Congratulations on finding some hatching eggs. Porter used to sell hatching eggs but stopped for some reason. Hopefully you get a few so your poult can be with poults. What breeds?

So I found a breeder and ordered some Royal Palm hatching eggs.... Lisa, I loved looking through at Porters! Unfortunately my pocketbook doesn't support getting 20 poults with everything going on here..... Everyone everywhere has a minimum of 20 for heritage birds but not for regular old turkeys. I can order as few as five of one kind...... So I hunted and found some hatching eggs that are fairly close by, great customer reviews about egg shipment and fertility. And very reasonable pricing. I have no motivation today....

Can't hang around too much. It has cooled a bit so time to get some stuff done. Hopefully we will be cutting down our hay today. It's getting old and tough, and it's getting really late for first cutting. Thankfully we are just feeding a few male goats, old donkeys and bunnies with it.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello, :frowlate start today, we turn our mattress around last night and I got the squishy side from my husband. Spent all night falling out of bed and I overslept. My back was killing me too. Husband will get his squishy side back. We will need a new mattress.

Congratulations on finding some hatching eggs. Porter used to sell hatching eggs but stopped for some reason. Hopefully you get a few so your poult can be with poults. What breeds?

Can't hang around too much. It has cooled a bit so time to get some stuff done. Hopefully we will be cutting down our hay today. It's getting old and tough, and it's getting really late for first cutting. Thankfully we are just feeding a few male goats, old donkeys and bunnies with it.
More royal palm. That's what the one I have now is. They are on the conservancy list as endangered. I've got my eyes on some sweet grass too but I don't know if I can get them in time to put with my next batch.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
More royal palm. That's what the one I have now is. They are on the conservancy list as endangered. I've got my eyes on some sweet grass too but I don't know if I can get them in time to put with my next batch.
I got a little of everything in the turkey variety. I don't plan on making anymore though as they will be downsized and probably eliminated eventually. They have been fun for the last 8 years but I'm finding them to be too much for m e with all their noise. I still adore my big blue Tom though.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I finally decided to round up my dirty chocolate Orpington rooster. He has been stalking and harassing my bantam hens. He breeds them whenever he can catch them. I don't like that so he's in jail, probably for the rest of the summer. I'm unsure if I will keep him or put him in the freezer. I think some time in jail will be enough.

I think I need to dust my bantams for mites. I will probably dust their coop tomorrow.

Husband is currently cutting hay, hopefully he gets it all down. It's very stemy.

That's been my day. :frow

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20160429_145553.jpg

Soon2Be

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Work, home, out to eat with the hubby, visit a new tractor supply store (which seems to carry more than my current tsc), back home, clean all waterers because everyday is so hot green algae is forming, clean bird bedding, let ducks out, ducks greeted Gracie while she was leashed (I was nervous the whole time - because although the ducks are afraid of a tarp, they aren't afraid of a 100 lb dog!), just sat down... my day in a nut shell. :D =D