Duck Chat withdrawal ....

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's good. My husband does most my work these days. ;)
Mine typically builds things at his height and forgets that I'm short. I do have to reign him in sometimes! Lol

I need to start building a small cage for the chicks before I order them. I haven't order any yet because I don't want to order and not have enough time to get the cage done. I'm planning on leaving the cage in the coop. It's warm enough right now for them to be outside.
Sounds like a plan! What kind of chicks are you getting?

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan! What kind of chicks are you getting?
I'd like one that lays white eggs, one that lays chocolate eggs. So here's what I've picked out: Light Brown Leghorn for the white eggs, Silver Cuckoo Maran for the chocolate eggs. My son was looking up the chicks with me and he insisted that he wanted a Columbian Wyandotte, so I'm getting that. Then I think I'll select one from "mystery" chick just to see what I get. I really would like another EE but they are all out until 8/20, that might be a little late.

So far I've been looking at My Pet Chicken and Meyer Hatchery websites. I haven't decided which one I'm ordering from yet. This will be my first time order chicks via a hatchery.

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've heard good things about MPC. I've never ordered though. I've always had a private breeder. Ill have F1 EEs next year, could send you some hatching eggs if you want to try your hand at it.....