Eager Buck question

thumbelina

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What happens if a buck gets a fall off on an already pregnant doe? I'll start by saying it is possible she wasnt pregnant but I witnessed at least 3 fall offs the first time around. I put her back in the buck cage about 2 weeks later to see how they acted and she was a little grumpy but he was fast and mounted and fell off before I could even reach back in and pull her out. She did not seem happy about it. It did look like he hit the target as well. If she was already pregnant (about 2 weeks along) would that fall off have done anything or is it just like pregnant humans and nothing will come of it?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've had that happen without any bad results but there are cases (not any I know of personally) that they will either have all kits at the first due dates, some being premature and dying. Or the doe giving birth to the two litters two weeks apart. If she didn't lift, she probably didn't get rebred. Not much you can do but wait and see. Lots of breeders do put them back together at 2 weeks to confirm pregnancy.