Ear...Mites?...Infection?...or just plain Irritated?

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I always used mineral oil. I applied it with an eye dropper twice daily until the mites were gone. Once a month, I treated all the rabbits with mineral oil drops in their ears.
Ditto !!

Ron Bequeath

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I prefer olive oil, but a humorous item to use especially on lice and fleas is salad dressing, the oil kills the adults by suffication, and the vinegar cuts the egg cases. Never used on mites but may have to try it. I'm located in NW PA looking for a 10 month old buck or older New Zealand White. Have been having problems with does kindling. Was buying corn from neighbor behind me until I found out it was GMO, so changed most of my herd still have 1 of original herd member, and 3 new does 2 proven til I got them, bred but didn't kindle, the buck although to young to service from 3rd herd, have them on 18 % protein pellets, grass hay, and occassionally carrots and a few leafy greens, plantan, clover, kale, and beet tops, now and then when in season, pens are 8 cubic feet or bigger, keep water bowls full at least 1 qt per day, having raised rabbits since being 9 years old, now 67, and much to the dismay of my Dad, when reached a herd at over 300 head had to curb back. Have had no problems til the last 2 or 3 years, then the doors blow off and started having rabbits that got sick, 2 just up and died, one got paralyzed, some wouldn't breed or kindle from the ones that did. Suspected inbreeding from original source and the GMO corn, so don't give that any now. If anyone in my area has proven buck to sell, NZW, would be interested. Going through and sanitizing empty cages and then rotate stock into them and then continue on until all items are cleaned both cages and feeding equipment. Any ideas why i can't get stock to produce would be interested in hearing suggestions.

Last edited: