disregard-

Slipperygoose

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I live 20 minutes south of Knoxville and I'm looking for a pair or trio of wethered bucklings. These will be more like pets. I've scoured Craigslist and I think I've used up Google search as well. The closest is about 30 minutes from me in Kingston, TN and she doesn't have any wethers available. I'd probably drive across country but DH isn't too keen on driving more than 2 hours since we have 2 young children as well. Thanks for any info y'all may have!!

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I live 20 minutes south of Knoxville and I'm looking for a pair or trio of wethered bucklings. These will be more like pets. I've scoured Craigslist and I think I've used up Google search as well. The closest is about 30 minutes from me in Kingston, TN and she doesn't have any wethers available. I'd probably drive across country but DH isn't too keen on driving more than 2 hours since we have 2 young children as well. Thanks for any info y'all may have!!
Maybe you could google Nigerian Dwarf breeders in your area? Most people breeding ND have extra buck kids out of does who are FF or didn't turn out the quality they want to pass on and would have some available, but not advertised.

Slipperygoose

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I see what you're saying... I'll email some and ask about wethers. Good tip!! Also, why do they sell bucks from First Fresheners? Just curious..

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I see what you're saying... I'll email some and ask about wethers. Good tip!! Also, why do they sell bucks from First Fresheners? Just curious..
A lot of breeders don't sell buck kids out of FF because they haven't had time to evaluate the production and full quality of the doe yet. If a FF doe seems super nice, they may make an exception. They don't want their herd name on a buck they think is inferior as bucks can produce more kids in a breeding season than does can in a lifetime. Doe kids out of FF are generally cheaper as well for the same reason.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cedar View Farm in Ten Mile TN.
Fields of Grace in Sevierville TN

Both are very reputable.

Slipperygoose

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you so much!! I just sent an email to Firlds of Grace, but haven't even heard of Cedar View... And it's only about 25 minutes from me!

Slipperygoose

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Lol I was just there. It's still being built, but he's updated a lot. His bucklings are $700-$1000 but I don't see any mentions of wethers. He was some first fresheners due so I'll probably just stalk his page looking for them to be born. I'm not sure I could even afford his wether price if his buck price is in the $1000 range, lol. Amazing goats, though!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have no idea but I have friends who live right near you, and I'm possibly moving down there as well. So I'll possibly have goats for sale in your area in like two years hahah.... Not helpful...