Edstrom water system with regulator

Kelly_Guy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with using the Edstrom water system using the regulator and a water hose? I live in Louisiana, so the water freezing here is pretty rare. Where I am planning my rabbitry, the hose would primarily be in the shade, particularly at the business end, but I'm not sure how warm is too warm for water in the summer time.

Anyone tried this?

Kelly

CrimsonRose

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
no we have some pretty harsh winter here so I don't bother with a watering system (unless my kiddos packing gallons of water up to the buns counts) :gig I did use bottles for years up until just here recently and switched over to small dog bowls! and love them! so much easier than taking down frozen bottles putting up new ones 2 times a day...

I would say as long as the lines are in the shade then you should be fine temp wise... maybe just be sure to refill it with fresh cold water mid day in the hottest days of summer... :hu

missfire

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have used them forever, they work great all my hose is in the shade, I have checked it mid-day by running some out the end of the line and it is not hot it;s cool to the touch. I have approx. 60 feet of line on the cages with 20 or so nipples and 50 foot of water hose to the well. They drink alot of water. I live in central Florida and it gets oretty sticky here.

Dan

Kelly_Guy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
missfire said:
I have used them forever, they work great all my hose is in the shade, I have checked it mid-day by running some out the end of the line and it is not hot it;s cool to the touch. I have approx. 60 feet of line on the cages with 20 or so nipples and 50 foot of water hose to the well. They drink alot of water. I live in central Florida and it gets oretty sticky here.

Dan
Hi Dan. Much thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like that is a nice set up. I like the idea of a constant water supply, so I think I am going to try it out.

Kelly

missfire

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yes it is so much easier than every day filling a dozen bottles or more and cleaning them out. Also during freezing weather like today I just let water run from the farthest tube where i have a drain valve installed and it won't freeze like the lick botles will.

:weee

Dan