EggsforIHOP's kidding thread ...THE LAST BABY OF THE SEASON IS HERE!!!

EggsForIHOP

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Poor Lucy (The Awtrey Farm Jewel...where Lucy came from I couldn't tell ya...) our Saanen doe is officially due ANY MOMENT!

She's had a rough time of it...being moved January 2nd to our place from 4 hours away...pregnant, low goat on the totem pole...needing wormed and weight added due to my lack of vigilance...gotta cheer her on!

I plan to pull and bottle feed her kid(s) and once we get another goat in milk probably go ahead and dry her off to get her weight back up for the next go round next year...

Here's the same old photos on Lucy...I'll get some fresh pics tomorrow:

Skinny cause I thought I was imagining weight loss in my constant paranoid expectant goat state...but I wasn't imagining it....

Using the mineral dish to rest her weary head...ready as I am for the babies to come....

Due date would be the 13th/16th as she was seen bred 2 different days in the breeding pen...looking more ready to pop than EVER...no mucous yet to speak of, udder slightly bigger tonight than it was in these pics and she's now holding her tail crooked with VERY soft but still BARELY there ligaments...sunshine in the forecast tomorrow, but rain expected Wednesday so I'm guessing if I had to pick a date it would be Wednesday in the rain...or tomorrow while I am processing the last of the broiler chickens...because I'm pretty sure Lucy has read the doe code...what doe hasn't?

Finally got my kidding kit ready (triodine 7, towels for wiping off, nose sucky thing-a-ma-jig, lube, gloves, all the random stuff I didn't have in the past when I needed it)...it's all in one spot now...which means she's probably going to hold out until I forget where I put it...

Don't care if it's pink, blue, or Lady Gaga mixed up as far as the kids go! Just want healthy mama and babies when all is said and done...I have had baby goat envy FOR WEEKS now! FINALLY we are in the home stretch with her...after this it's another month and then our other saanen and nubian are due (in that order)....we have udder beginnings on one and positive baby flutters felt on both! BRING ON THE BABY GOATS I DECLARE!

I'm anxious and excited...we've done this before...but it NEVER gets old! Figured I'd pick a spot and get a kidding thread going - only have 3 does due anytime soon...but it's nice to have a place to share like BYH :)

EggsForIHOP

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you thank you everyone! I told her this afternoon she had a crowd cheering her on and POOF! Her ligaments are GONE! and we FINALLY got some goo/discharge to speak of! I think Lucy heard ya'll...and she appreciates it as much as I do :) I got some newer pics today...and of course she seems to be crawling EVER closer to her big explosion! I think I even saw a few MINOR contractions this evening sitting with her...she was munching hay...stopped...tensed...went back to hay eating....then she was walking towards the water...stopped...stared into space....nope...nothing...back to getting a drink...probably just a false alarm...but it's GOT to be close now! She heard ya'll, I SWEAR she did and being a GOOD GOAT she is listening!

I notice a change in hoo hoo and udder...how 'bout ya'll?

And of course a wide load from above....my guess is one...MAYBE hiding 2 in there...but I'm thinking just one...I actually kinda want a buck, because being a "C" year his name will be Crisco (because he is GOING to be white...that's kind of the obvious :) ) I have PLENTY of what I feel are clever boy names picked out for a little white goat...a few girl names too...but mostly boy names right now :)

2072_img_1054.jpg

Of course today was bright and sunny and BEAUTIFUL...BUT...duh duh duh....TONIGHT the forecast is for a storm to roll through...I'm hoping for kids WITHOUT thunder and lightning! We have WAY too many dead trees for all THAT drama...but I'm guessing she'll wait until that happens at this point...I'm doubtful anything is going to happen on Valentines...just a couple hours left and she already had the chance TWICE when I had to leave the house to sneak this one by me! And SHE DIDN'T TAKE IT! Maybe she doesn't know the doe code? Or maybe she's waiting for a WORSE time to kid? Like in the coming storm?

IDK...but I DO know that I give up on sleep until a baby comes!

Latest posts