Ella (A Barn Cat’s Journey of Mothering)

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Real quick snapshots before I left for work this morning.
3631CA71-28E6-4251-B3A6-1500D96EE0A8.jpeg
F1AE007F-EB71-4E0D-BE94-BED5BEF78146.jpeg

Some pics from this evening...Ella had eaten and drank several times. We offered canned food and she dove in. I petted her some and she purred.

I went ahead and reached for a kitten and despite a few tiny cries of protest, each of the kids got to hold a kitten while I checked them over.

Thus far, everyone is healthy and seems to be energetic with full bellies.

We have one calico, two tortoiseshells (the smoky black dried out to be a tortie,) and two gray tabbies. Knowing that the calico and torties should be females, I compared “parts.” The two Gray tabbies are boys. My son was in tears until I told him that we did in fact have a boy.

DH’s niece has requested a male and a friend has requested a female so I think everyone is spoken for, allowing one for each kid.

These are pics without the kiddos in them.

L to R: tortie, two gray tabbies, calico, and tortie.
9C7CA43E-B47B-45EE-B149-9990D9C57A0D.jpeg
961F9D42-E6BD-4389-A220-381E72D639E7.jpeg

In the next few days I’ll try to figure out how to tell the torties and tabbies apart.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe that would be MEEEEEE!! I said 5 - I win, I win!

Oh wait - was there a contest?

Cute babies for sure!

@frustratedearthmother wins! She’s the one that guessed five. No idea what she wins though! :idunno :lol: How does bragging rights sound? :cool:

I guess I could ship you Cupcake and you could have your own kittens!!! :gig:hide

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They a lovely! I just love kittens. My tomcats never hurt the babies but I have had other toms that snuck around and killed older kittens. I'm glad everyone is happy and gets a kitten.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the kittens!!! They are soooo cute!!!

They a lovely! I just love kittens. My tomcats never hurt the babies but I have had other toms that snuck around and killed older kittens. I'm glad everyone is happy and gets a kitten.
One of my neutered cats (when we kept him outside) found a kitten and killed it. I was so mad at him. He acts like a tom in so many ways. : (

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
One year I when I had my silver feline, she brought home a newborn kitten. I didn't think she had been pregnant so I grabbed her to check her. I found no signs she had given birth and she had no milk. So she must have found some other cats kitten and stolen it. We tried to feed it and we kept it alive for a few weeks but it eventually died. This was before wal-mart started selling kitten milk.

Latest posts